As an Application Engineer for Global solutions, you will join the Automation & Integrations team in our global IT organization developing and maintaining global solutions serving whole Scanfil Group.
We are looking for candidates from one of Scanfil European locations' countires, meaning Poland, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Germany. You can work in our offices, remotely or combination of these – whichever suites you best.
The role offers a very versatile working environment with very varied assignments and you have opportunities to specialize to different areas like databases, integrations, automations, AI/ML etc. based on your expertise, strengths and wishes.
We are looking for person with good foundation in application development, integration systems and/or data flow automations and strong drive to continuous learning. You should also be curious, proactive and quickly adaptable to new processes, procedures and technologies.
If you join us, your primary job functions will be:
- Developing company special applications, integrations and automations
- Maintaining solutions and applications in the area
- Working on projects implementing new systems and business processes
- Testing of solutions prior to release into the live environment
- Handling system integrations.
To succeed in this position, you should have:
- Higher education in IT/Technical or equivalent skills
- Good knowledge of SQL (MS SQL and/or Oracle)
- Good programming knowledge base (for example C#, Java, Python)
- 1-2 years of experience on similar position
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Customer service skills, good team working & communication skills
- Excellent problems solving & analytical skills.
Valued Optional Skills / Knowledge are:
- Experience from the manufacturing business and ERP system knowledge
- Microsoft Azure certifications or experience in Azure cloud products and tools
- Experience of working in a multicultural, international environment.
When you join us, you will get among others:
Exciting and challenging working environment
Positive culture expressed in our core values
- Cross functional and cross organizational career opportunities
Learning and development supported by Global Programs
- Process driven organization with strong team spirit
Flexible work hours
- Medical insurance, bonus system and extensive social package.
If you're the one, please submit your English application by 25th of May 2022.
Need more information? Please contact Jorma Siironen (email@example.com),IT Manager, Automation & Integrations.
Looks interesting, right? Read the below story about Application Engineer workday in Scanfil to get more insights in our world.
You start your day with cup of coffee, or any other beverage you prefer, and check from our helpdesk is there any error notifications related to our integrations or data pipelines from the night which would require your immediate attention – like usually, no urgent issues. You can continue your development work on application which supports our material picking process in our factories. You have noticed that to be able to integrate factory automated storage with application, you need to get more detailed information from our Technology Architect. Luckily our daily Team meeting is starting remotely in 10 minutes and you can present your problem immediately there.
During meeting you get necessary information, and you can proceed your development work. You finalize changes and soon you are ready to create pull request. After automated testing and deployment, you can notify end user to test new functionality.
If in office, you have lunch with colleagues from different departments of the company. After lunch is good time to check what’s ongoing and dive into communication channels and emails. Before the next meeting, agreed with our Data Engineer related to your next work assignment, your Manager reaches you thru MSTeams for urgent support case at one of our European factory. You agree to take it before your scheduled meeting and start to solve this issue. With your excellent problem solving skills you are able to find out root cause in no time and report this issue to responsible local IT department.
Workday starts to be in the end-part and you’ll take time for yourself to check out latest IT related news and participate on heated discussion in SMART Operations Community related to AI aided procurement solution.
What an exciting day it was again! Tomorrow is going to be a learning day as you’re heading to external training related to REST API of company’s global HR tool.