We are growing Scanfil’s Automation & Integrations team and welcome you to join our global IT organization as an Application Engineer to develop global solutions serving the whole Scanfil Group!
The role offers a very versatile working environment with varied assignments. You have opportunities to specialize in different areas like databases, integrations, automation, ML, etc., based on your expertise, strengths, and wishes.
We are looking for new colleagues from our Scanfil European countries, meaning Poland, Estonia, Finland, Sweden, and Germany. You can work in our offices, remotely, or a combination of these – whichever suits you best.
You possess a good foundation in software development, integration systems, and/or data flow automation and a strong drive to continuous learning. You should also be curious, proactive, and quickly adaptable to new processes, procedures, and technologies.
If you join us, your primary job functions will be:
- Developing company special applications, integrations, and automation
- Maintaining solutions and applications in the scope
- Working on projects implementing new systems and business processes
- Testing of solutions before release into the live environment
To succeed in this position, you should have:
- Higher education in IT/Technical or equivalent skills
- Good knowledge of SQL (MS SQL and/or Oracle)
- Good programming knowledge (for example C#, Java, Python)
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar position
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Good customer service, team working & communication skills
- Excellent problems solving & analytical skills
Valued Optional Skills / Knowledge are:
- Experience in the manufacturing business and ERP system knowledge
- Microsoft Azure certifications or experience in Azure cloud products and tools
- Experience from working in a multicultural, international environment
When you join us, you will get among others:
Exciting and challenging working environment
Positive culture expressed in our core values
- Cross-functional and cross-organizational career opportunities
Learning and development supported by Global Programs
- Process-driven organization with strong team spirit
- Flexible work hours
- Medical Insurance, bonus system, and extensive social package.
If you're the one, please submit your English application now. We’ll start working with applications as they arrive and we are prepared to do fast decisions when right match found.
Need more information? Please contact Piotr Lemański firstname.lastname@example.org, IT Manager, Automation & Integrations.
Looks interesting, right? Read the below story about the Application Engineer workday in Scanfil to get more insights into our world.
You start your day with a cup of coffee and check from our service desk if there are any error notifications related to our integrations or data pipelines from the previous night which would require your immediate attention – like usually, no urgent issues. You can continue your development work on a solution that supports the material picking process in our factories. You have noticed that to be able to integrate factory automated storage with the application, you need to get more detailed information from our Technology Architect. Luckily our daily team meeting is starting remotely in 10 minutes and you can present your problem immediately there.
During the meeting, you get the necessary information, and you can proceed with your development work. You finalize changes and soon you are ready to create a pull request. After automated testing and deployment, you can notify the end user to test new functionality.
If in the office, you have lunch with colleagues from different departments of the company. After lunch is a good time to check what’s ongoing and dive into communication channels. Before the next call with our Data Engineer related to your next work assignment, your colleague reaches you through Teams for an urgent support case at one of our European factories. You agree to take it before your scheduled meeting and start to solve this issue. With your excellent problem-solving skills you can find the root cause in no time and report this issue to the responsible local IT department.
The workday starts to be in the end-part and you’ll take time for yourself to check out the latest IT-related news and participate in a heated discussion in Scanfil’s SMART Ops Community related to AI-aided procurement solutions.
What an exciting day it was again! Tomorrow is going to be a learning day as you’re heading to external training related to the REST API of company’s global HR tool.